Lakers claimed a 8-5 victory on Saturday, despite a big push by Cincinnati-Clermont in the sixth inning. Lakers tallied five runs in the third inning. Stephen Hoendorf, Isaac Fitzgerald, Connor Burr, and Conor Schmitt each drove in runs during the inning.
Carson Schuman took the win for Lakers. He allowed 11 hits and five runs over six and two-thirds innings, striking out eight and walking zero. Chase Ruiz threw one-third of an inning in relief out of the bullpen. Lakers had 13 hits in the game. Fitzgerald, Burr, Schmitt, and Tristan Becker each collected multiple hits for Lakers. Fitzgerald led Lakers with three hits in four at bats.
Inside the Box Score:
- Isaac Fitzgerald hit his first home run of the season while going 3/4 on the day.
- Connor Burr stole his 16th base of the season which puts him in a tie with Dustin Lewis for team lead
- Schuman is now 4-3 on the season with a 2.70 ERA
- Lakers pitching was sharp all day. For only the third time this season the Lakers pitching walked 0 batters in the game.
Lakers fell to University of Cincinnati-Clermont 4-3 on Saturday on the final play of the game. The game was tied at three with University of Cincinnati-Clermont batting in the bottom of the seventh when Chase Louk singled on a 0-2 count, scoring one run.
Noah Greathouse took the loss for Lakers. He allowed one hit and zero runs over one-third of an inning, striking out one and walking one. Casey Grimm started the game for Lakers. He went five and two-thirds innings, allowing two runs on six hits and striking out three.
Inside the Box Score:
- Tristan Becker continued to his strong play going 2/3 with 2 RBIs. Becker is now hitting .440 against USCAA competition this season.
- Fitzgerald continued to hit the ball well as he hit his first triple of the season.
- Casey Grimm pitched another strong game. He now is tied for the team lead in strikeouts. Both Grimm and Zach Kirby each have 45 Ks on the year so far.
- The Lakers pitching staff issued five free passes compared to the Cougars 0 in game two.
#5 Wright State Lake Campus Lakers will host #1 Cincinnati Clermont at Montgomery Field for a double header to finish the regular season before the Small College World Series. First pitch will be at 1:00p