On an icey night in Celina, the Lakers hosted OSU Lima for the Wright State Lake's last home game of the season. The Lakers came out with a defensive mindset. The Barons took a slim lead at the half 33-30. The Barons best offense was on the offensive boards grabbing 17 for the game. The Lakers took the lead 44-43 with 14 minutes to go in the second half. OSU Lima took control of the game with 12 minutes remaining after a 11-0 run to take the lead 54-44 lead. The Lakers battled back late but could not get over the hump to complete the comeback.
Inside the Box Score:
- Lakers were led by Kain Luthman's 21 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 assists.
- Seamus Anglin had a career high 17 rebounds to go along with 14 points
- Barons shot 41 percent from the field compared to the Lakers 36 percent.
- Valuing the basketball: the Lakers took care of the ball again only turning it over 9 times in the game.
- X-Factor: Blake Stephen's scored 18 points including nailing 4 threes in the contest.
What Coach Says:
Coach Richard Westerlund said, "We did a great job defensively tonight. Our first shot defense was really solid, but unfortunately we didn't finish enough plays offensively or defensively. Defensively we have to take care of the glass and offensively we just have to find a way to get the ball through the hoop. That said I am really proud of my guys and the way we improved over the season."
On Luthman and Anglin, "Our forwards were awesome tonight. Seamus and Kain gave them problems all night. Their energy on defense and the boards was tremendous."